
I read this one first, and it was.... tasty. A bit less romantic and a bit more gritty than I expected it to be, but I did fall into the rhythm of it after a few chapters. I was a bit disappointed that the main character, an east Indian, studied French cooking and opened a French restaurant instead of expounding on the food of his own culture, but that too became an important part of the story. A good read, all in all - and short enough not to be too daunting.

This massive tome - believe it or not - is almost halfway finished! And I am enjoying it immensely, even though so far it has not gotten scary. I have fond memories of the chills running up and down my spine while reading "Tommyknockers" and "Needful Things"... so far there has been some murder and generally nasty behavior by the story's characters, but no horror chills have yet made their way to my scalp. However, I am really engaged by the story and looking forward to finding out what (or who) caused the dome and what is going to be done about it (if anything), and by whom (if anyone).
Stay tuned, space fans.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Howdy!