Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Frugal is the new selfish!

There are days when I think to myself, "I would just love to treat myself to a full day of luxury at a fancy salon. Get my hair done, my feet massaged, my eyebrows tweezed, my nails manicured, my back rubbed, my face exfoliated, my legs waxed..."

And then I think, "We don't have any money. I'm not going to any salon."

And making that decision not to spend money makes me feel better than going to the salon would have.


(I think.)

3 comments:

  1. M, I am not a big 'spa day' gal on a regular basis but the few times I have been, I come out feeling like a million bucks. Most places have package deals where you save money by having more services (and they sometimes toss in a light lunch) Well worth the $ spent and the pay off is I usually feel very 'randy' so consdier it a gift for Bear too!! LOL

    One thing to remember after a nice massage make sure to drink a TON of water to avoid a killer headache because the massage releases lots of toxins from your body.

    Just "DO IT" !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip(s)!

    I know, I know... that's what the customer said to the nail tech...

    *grin*

    - M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn - I already tweeze them myself, so there's not much to wax... just a "touch up" would do...heh.

    CG - New Year's Res, eh? Good luck!

    - M

    ReplyDelete

Howdy!