I know, I know, summer is over and gone... but I still want to share a cocktail recipe that I dreamed up while spending many enjoyable hours watching (and re-watching) Netflix's "Ripley".
I have always been a fan of tall, sweet men drinks with lots of money ice in them, and this one does not disappoint. I'd been craving something different from my usual Cosmopolitans, and while perusing the shelves of my loqual liquor store (or is that my local licor store?) I discovered a new liqueur (spelling that word makes me feel drunk even when sober) called J.F. Haden's...
... Key Lime Pie Liqueur. Yeah, it's plant based and probably gluten free, yada yada yada, so it's a bit pricey - but the good news is you don't use much of it to make one of my cocktails.
Tropical Tongue Tango:
* Take a pint glass out of the freezer (where else would you keep them?) or use a hurricane glass, like the one in the top photo that I snagged off the Interwebs. Half fill it with ice cubes.
* Uncork (I just love bottles with corks!) the J.F. Haden's Key Lime Pie Liqueueueueur and pour a few glugs over the ice.
* Take the bottle of orange-infused vodka out of the freezer (where else would you keep it?) and add four ounces, or two large jiggers.
* Add a splash of Triple Sec.
* Add a generous squeeze of sweetened lime juice (or fresh lime, if you've got it handy).
* Fill the remaining space in the glass with cranberry juice.
* Stir gently with a chopstick, or maybe the silicone straw that you're going to suck this drink up with. I bought a package of multi-colored silicone straws a while back, and have not regretted that choice for one second. The J.F. Haden's is VERY dense, and will sit down at the bottom of the glass unless you stir it into the rest of the cocktail.
ENJOY!
YUM, pink drinks seem best.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, Linda!
Delete