Monday, April 22, 2024

I know, I know.... LATE LATE LATE!

 


I know, I know - I did not update the blog theme for April until April was/is almost over... I have, of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth...

I have been busy collecting typewriters.  And so, as it turns out, has my husband!  I bought a glass case to display/access my collection of SIX typewriters, a few months ago.  No, I have not yet cut the shelves and installed said case, but I digress.  A lot.

We now have in the area of EIGHTEEN typewriters.  Let that sink in a moment.
 
Egads.

In any case (surely a typewriter case) I have a lot on my mind.

Ruby, the beautiful red Royal P you see in the photo above has the coveted "Vogue" typeface.  Like so:


Since I now have as many "pretty" typewriters with normal typeface as I can hope to have, I have turned to typewriters with rare typefaces, regardless of what they look like on the outside.

I don't have time now to catalog them all, but once I get them all together and have time to take some really artsy photos of them, I am going to create an account on the much-vaunted Typewriter Database, where anyone interested can go and peruse our entire collection, see all the pretty photos, find out the names and what make/model they are, and see what kind of smoke show they lay down on paper.

This is yet another of the projects that I am currently looking forward to (but not doing yet).  

For some unknown reason, the new toilet seat I installed in the bathroom is sidling its way east, and not staying centered.  I have to figure out what the hell is going on there, before we fall on the floor while trying to - yeah.

I have six flame-leafed heather plants on the patio, in pots, awaiting their planting.  Awaiting, because in order to plant them, I have to UN-plant six "Drift Roses" that are performing exceedingly poorly in the ground.  Before I remove said roses, I need to buy six attractive planter pots to put them in, so I can see if they do better on the patio than in the ground.  THEN I can plant the heathers.

See how this goes?  I have stacks and ladders of projects, all which require several layers of commitment.  What I usually end up doing is draping myself over furniture, or typing letters and journal entries on my typewriters.  I have another novel I'm thinking about writing on the typewriter, so that is also taking up a lot of my mental space.  Apparently, I have a lot less mental space than I used to have, because things keep shouldering each other out my ears and I have to go looking for them to stuff them back in.

Hope you are enjoying Spring (and pollen season) as much as I am.  More.  More!



3 comments:

  1. I'll let you know about Spring if or when it arrives. Heather needs acid soil. Despite living on an Island covered in the stuff I've never been able to grow it. Good luck. Heaven know where you can store all your typewriters. Your Friend in England collected justy about everything but even he never had room for typewriters. At least they can serve a useful purpose. I use fountain pens. They take up less room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have fountain pens, too! A lovely collection of Esterbrooks, with the enamel "eight ball" holders - even a rare double eight ball! And some others with caps...

      Delete
  2. I have a similar problem with pieces of glass. At least they're smaller. Also jugs (I believe you'd call them pitchers). Not to say plants...

    ReplyDelete

Howdy!